Are you facing Gmail not syncing problems? Well, it is a very common issue on Android and iPhone. Many users complain that their Gmail app is not syncing and can’t read new messages, send or receive emails, and other emailing services. It can turn into a serious issue and must be fixed soon. We have collected and shared the most effective solutions to resolve this issue.
Follow each solution and fix your Gmail not syncing on Android and iPhone issues. But before fixing the issue, let’s look at the reasons that cause the problem.
Why is My Gmail Not Syncing?
You can face the syncing issue for various reasons, and to let you know, we listed them. These are:
- When your device is facing an internet connectivity issue.
- When you are using the older version of the Gmail app.
- Due to the diable auto-sync option in the Gmail.
- Gmail cache files are corrupted.
- Unexpected glitches in the network.
After knowing the reasons, now you can pick the right solution to fix the issue.
How to Fix Gmail Not Syncing on Andriod Issue?
You can try the given solution whenever you get syncing problems in the Andriod Gmail app. Before performing the solutions, ensure you have a good internet connection, whether WiFi or cellular data.
Solution 1: Perform a Manual Refresh
It is a simple step you can do to fix the issue. You must open the Gmail app on the Android device and swipe the Gmail home screen from top to bottom. You can see a rotating circle that indicates that the syncing is in the process; it takes a few seconds. When the refreshing completes, check for the new mails. If you see the new emails, then the Gmail perfectly sync; if not, follow the next solution.
Solution 2: Enable Automated Sync
When the Gmail not syncing in background even after performing the refresh, then you have to enable the automatic sync. To enable it, follow the steps:
- Open your Gmail app.
- Now, tap on the Menu and then go to Settings.
- After that, tap on the Account Name.
- When you reach the Data Usage section, mark the Sync Gmail checkbox.
- Restart your Gmail app and check for the issue.
Solution 3: Update the Gmail App
It might be possible that when you don’t update the Gmail app, it encounters glitches like Gmail not syncing. So, updating the Gmail app can help you. To update the Gmail app:
- Open the Play Store and search for the Gmail app.
- When the search completes, tap on the Gmail, and you will be redirected to the Gmail app page.
- If you see the Update button, tap on it. If you don’t see the update button, you are using the latest version of the Gmail app.
Solution 4: Clear Gmail App Data and Cache Files
If updating the Gmail app doesn’t help you with the Gmail not syncing issue, you must clear the Gmail app data and cache stored files. Sometimes, these files can create issues that affect the Gmail app. Now, follow the given steps:
- Firstly, open the Settings section on your Android device.
- When it opens, tap on Apps and Notification. If you are using an older version of Android, then tap on Apps.
- Now, choose the Gmail app from the app list and tap on Storage and Cache option.
- After that, tap on Clear Storage to clear the app data and cache files.
- Lastly, when asked, tap on OK to confirm.
Read Related Topic- Gmail Not Receiving Emails? 2022 Guide
How to Resolve Gmail Not Syncing on iPhone Issue?
The Gmail syncing issue on iPhone is a little bit the same as on Android, as the Gmail was developed for Android and iPhone. But the functionality of both is different. To fix the issue on iPhone, follow the given solutions.
Note: Before initiating the solutions, ensure your iPhone is connected to the internet.
Solution 1: Enable IMAP in Gmail App
The IMAP is the main component for sending emails from the Gmail account. Sometimes, it is disabled when you face Gmail not syncing issue. Re-enabling helps you fix the issue. Here’s how:
- Firstly, tap on Settings on your iPhone.
- Then, tap on Mail, Contacts, Calendars option.
- After that, tap on Add Account and then Gmail.
- Here, enter the Name, Gmail Email Address, and Password. Click on Next.
- Ensure that the IMAP is marked.
- Now, enter the Incoming Mail Server settings and click on Next.
- Host Name: imap.gmail.com
- User Name: Gmail user name
- Password: Gmail password
Solution 2: Examine Push Settings
The Push Notification Settings enable the other application to send data to applications installed on Apple devices. The notification information includes custom text messages, sounds, and badges. Check for the push notification on iPhone with the following steps:
- Open Settings and tap on the Passwords & Accounts option.
- Then, tap on Fetch New Data and then on Gmail.
- After that, tap on Fetch.
- Finally, check for the issue once again.
Solution 3: Update Gmail App
When you can’t fix the Gmail issue, there must be an issue with the Gmail app. So updating the Gmail app to the latest release can fix the issue. To update the Gmail app, go to the Apple Store and search for Gmail. After that, click on Update in front of Gmail. If you can’t see the update button, you use the latest Gmail app version.
Solution 4: Uninstall and Re-Install the Gmail App
When none of the above solutions doesn’t work, you can uninstall and re-download the Gmail app to fix Gmail not syncing issue. You can do this in the case of Android also. The following steps are for iPhone:
Uninstalling the Gmail App
- Open Settings and tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- Now, tap on your Gmail account.
- After that, tap on Delete Account.
- Tap again on Delete Account to confirm.
When you uninstall the Gmail app, it only clears the data on your iPhone.
Re-installing the Gmail App
- Open Apple Store and search for Gmail.
- Tap on the Install button in front of Gmail.
- It takes a few seconds to install the app.
- When the install completes, check for the syncing issue.
Read Also- Gmail Password Recovery Methods
That’s all. The above-stated solutions are the useful methods you can perform when the Gmail not syncing on Android and iPhone. We hope you get all your emails and can send or receive the emails on your device without any confusion. If you want an expert’s help, contact Support For Emails Experts to get assistance. Thank You!