It’s a fact that billions of spam emails are being sent every single day. Luckily, Gmail has a Spam Filter feature which is ultimate in identifying malicious emails and preventing them from reaching to primary mailbox. Gmail Spam Filter always makes sure that entire unwanted emails or messages automatically transfer to your Spam folder. But, at a point, Gmail Spam Filter Not Working and even fails to analyze unsolicited emails. In such a scenario, immediately check the filter settings because an incorrect configuration of the spam filter could trigger this problem
Whenever your Gmail Spam Filter stops working, neither you nor your personal information will be safe against cybercriminals or intruders. Therefore, do not delay in troubleshooting such an error otherwise your primary inbox will be completely filled with malicious emails. In this blog, the proper tips & guides are compiled to aid you to fix it quickly and efficiently. Thus, read & learn!
Also Check: How to fix Gmail not working
Why Is My Spam Filter Not Working In Gmail?
It’s quite dreadful when your spam emails get entered into your Gmail Inbox despite moving to the spam folder. Most of the time it happens when your Spam Filter Not Working In Gmail. The Gmail Spam filter doesn’t work due to any one of the below-enumerated reasons:
- If having compromised Gmail Account
- If Gmail is not syncing
Don’t You Know How To Create A Gmail Spam Filter? Here’re The Tips
- First of all, open your Gmail account.
- Next, click the gear icon that states “Settings” located in the top right corner of the Gmail interface.
- Now, click “See all settings”.
- After that, tap the “Filters and blocked addresses” tab.
- Then, choose the “Create a new filter” option.
- Now, in the “From” field, type the sender’s email address that you don’t want to go into your Gmail spam filter.
- Now, click the “Create filter” tab.
- Select the “Never send it to spam” option.
- Now, click “Apply”
- Finally, tap “Create filter”.
- That’s it; your Gmail is all set to receive unnecessary emails into its spam folder using filtering functionalities.
Fruitful Troubleshooting Tricks To Fix Gmail Spam Filter Not Working Issue
Has your Gmail Stopped Filtering Spam email? If it is so, don’t feel blue! There are limited methods for you to get rid of this annoying problem. The most effective and quite easy-solving instructions are provided beneath. All you need is to feast your eyes and implement the solutions precisely. Let’s do it now!
Trick 1: Verify An Email Before Marking It
A few spam emails might have accidentally been marked as normal emails and hence Spam Filter fails to detect them. This can further result in the Spam Filter won’t work issue in Gmail. However, this is a temporary or even minor problem. As long as you stop doing the same mistakes, the Gmail filter will run exactly as it should. Furthermore, you can take your proper time and sort out the disordered emails to get your Gmail back on track.
Trick 2: Change Your Password
If you unknowingly receive some instinctive approval and suspicious site on your emails, it clearly means that your Gmail account is been compromised. Just to be protected against intruders and make your personal info safe, change your password every few months.
If you notice that any suspicious activities are entertained recently, and you seem to receive even more spam emails, without any delay, change your password.
Lastly, if your Gmail Spam Filter Not Working deliberately yet, you can access a custom filter to override some of the Gmail spam filter’s functions. Below, we’ll show you how!
Trick 3: Set Up A Custom Gmail Filter
Here’s the stepwise procedure to do so in the least possible time:
- Open your Gmail Account.
- Click on the three consecutive parallel lines in the top-right corner of the search bar.
- Now, fill up the search criteria appropriately.
- Then, tap the “Create filter” tab.
- Check the boxes of the desired Settings you want to apply.
- Finally, click the “Create filter” button.
More often, many of you misconfigured the Filter Settings and thus the Gmail Spam Filter doesn’t perform flawlessly. So, if still your Gmail Spam filter is not working and unfortunately, unwanted emails are sent to your Inbox, configure the filter settings. In the next method, we’ll show you how!
Trick 4: Configure Gmail Spam Filter Settings
Go through the guidelines accordingly to correct the misconfigured spam filter settings:
- Open the “Settings” section in your Gmail account
- Then, click the option that says “Apply the label”
- Choose the “New label” option and provide a specific name for the label. You can name it something like “Junk”
- Then, choose the “Skip the Inbox” option.
- Afterward, checkmark the option of “Apply filter to … matching conversations” to select it.
- Now, click on the “Create Filter” tab.
After customization of the Spam filter, it filters spam emails and lets them be going to the Spam Folder.
Trick 5: Check If ‘Skip the Inbox’ Works
Another possible reason for the Spam Filter not working properly is Gmail stops syncing suddenly. Therefore, in that situation, you need to check if the ‘Skip the Inbox’ filter is working accurately or not. Here’s how:
- First, log into Gmail using the correct credentials.
- Next, click the “Settings” option in the top right corner.
- Click “See all settings”.
- Tap the “Inbox” tab and gradually scroll to the bottom.
- If the button “Override filters” has already been checked, you will receive emails that you have set filters for.
- To fix that issue, click the “Don’t override filters” checkbox.
- Now, click “Save changes”, and finally you’re all set to access Gmail with no hassle.
How To Avoid Emails Going To Spam Folder?
- Double-check your domain name to have the assurance that your domain has not been blacklisted.
- The content of the Email should always be spelled out correctly and there should be no Grammar mistakes.
- Decline attachments and always prefer cloud storage links.
- Check your Email header by selecting the “More” option in Gmail and choosing “Show Original”.
Further Technical Assistance For Gmail Spam Filter Not Working Problem
Gmail Spam Filter is a great tool to filter emails that are likely to be Spam and directly send them to Spam. There are times when the Gmail Spam Filter Not Working and even chances of legitimate emails are being presented in your Spam folder or unsolicited emails are being displayed in your primary inbox.
I’m hoping that the aforesaid solving guide will probably have serious implications for your Gmail Spam Filter. Maybe it starts flawlessly working. But, in case, the same problem still exists, contact us via the 24/7 Gmail Technical Support Number. You will be offered effectual solutions by our dexterous tech geeks.