Everyone uses email services to send and receive their emails and documents in today’s digital era. And Gmail is one of the favorite and most used email services. It provides a free space of up to 15 GB. In this space, you can save your essential documents. Gmail also offers many other features like Drive, Photos, and many others. But sometimes, users face that their Gmail not working when they are operating it. It needs to be fixed soon. We have a user’s query; let’s have a look.
“Yesterday, I was trying to send an email from my Gmail account to one of my office colleagues. But somehow my Gmail account is not operating. I have to send the email urgently, as it contains some important data. Can anyone tell me why isn’t my Gmail working and how to resolve it? Please help me out.”
If you face the same issue as the above query, you can follow this blog. With this, we will help you find the leading causes and solutions to fix the problem.
Read Also- Transfer Contacts From AOL To Gmail
What are the Causes of Gmail Not Working Problem?
Following are the reasons by which your Gmail is not responding. These are:
- Loading errors.
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Server down the error.
- Wrong configuration.
- SMTP error.
- Forgot password.
- Synchronization errors.
- Outdated web browser.
The above mentioned are the possible causes for the Gmail issue. But before resolving the issue, you can try the given below section.
What to Do Before Fixing My Gmail is Not Working Issue?
As we discuss various reasons behind the Gmail not working issue. However, you must go through temporary troubleshooting points before moving to the solutions. In some cases, Gmail starts working properly after following the given steps:
- You can restart your system to fix the issue.
- Use another browser from the default browser.
- Clear cache files.
- Disabling all extensions and restarting the browser can help you.
After following the above points, you can’t fix the issue. Then let’s move to the troubleshooting solutions.
Try these given fixes to solve the Gmail Not Working issue, if you still face the problem, immediately call Gmail experts at +1-844-244-1311 to gets the issue resolved.
How to Fix Gmail Not Working Issue?
Generally, the Gmail not responding to your command is a server. But you can fix this with the following solutions.
Solution 1: Check Your Internet
The Internet plays an important while using the Gmail email service. If there is an issue with the internet connection, thus Gmail not working issue occurs. You should check the internet strength and speed. Go to Google and there check the internet speed. If you get poor and slow internet connectivity, then you should contact the internet service provider.
Solution 2: Open Gmail in an Incognito Window
Users see that opening the Gmail in an incognito window can fix why isn’t Gmail working issue. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, open Google Chrome or any browser.
- Secondly, go to the top-right corner and click on the three vertically aligned dots, i.e., the Chrome menu.
- Now, click on the New Incognito Window. A new window with a black background will show up. (You can also open the Incognito window by pressing Ctrl+Shift+N keys).
- You can check the Incognito icon from the left side corner.
- After that, type Gmail.com in the URL and press the enter button.
- Enter Gmail Login credentials and check for Gmail not working issue.
Solution 3: Clear Cache and Cookies
As we mentioned above, clearing cache and cookies can help you. Here we are again with the detailed steps:
- Firstly, open your Chrome Browser.
- Secondly, click on the More icon from the right-top corner of the browser.
- After that, click on More Tool and choose Clear Browsing Data.
- Now, choose a time range at the top. If wich to clear everything, then choose All Time.
- Then, tick the “Cached images and file” and “Cookies and other site data” checkboxes.
- Finally, click on the Clear Data and wait for a while.
- After that, login again to Gmail and check for the error.
Solution 4: Check Gmail Labs
You can fix the Gmail issue by disabling the Labs one by one. By this, you can determine which causes the Gmail not working issue. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, Sign in to the Gmail account.
- Then, click on the Gear icon from the right-upper corner to open Settings.
- After that, go to the Labs tab and disable them one by one.
- Now, scroll down to the page bottom and click on the Save Changes button.
Solution 5: Check Your Gmail Storage
A full Gmail storage might be the reason for Gmail not working issue. If the storage is full, you will not receive or send any new emails. Thus it can occur like your Gmail is damaged or not responding. You can check your Gmail space by going to https://one.google.com/storage. If your storage is full, you will get a message on the top of the page like Your storage is 99% full. It is recommended to free some space or buy some for the smooth working of Gmail.
Solution 6: Restart Your Device
Restarting your device, whether a computer or mobile phone, can help you fix the Gmail not working issue. Restarting the device gives a refresh for all the applications and the Gmail. Restart your device and try to operate the Gmail again.
Solution 7: Disable Plug-ins
As discussed above, disabling the plug-ins can allow the Gmail to work correctly. Here are the steps:
- Open the Browser and click on the menu icon from the top right.
- Then, click on the More Tools options and choose Extensions to open a new Extensions tab.
- Now, disable the extensions by clicking on the Remove button.
- After that, log in the Gmail again.
Read Next- Microsoft Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile
That’s all. We are going to finalize our blog. This write-up provides the best practices to fix the Gmail not working issue properly. We hope the guidance mentioned above helps you with your problem. If your Gmail is still not responding, you can contact the experts. The Gmail experts are 24/7 available to assist you.