Yahoo Mail is a reliable email service that many people use. However, like other services, email issues are common in it too. Yahoo Mail not sending emails is one of the most prevalent issues worldwide. There are a variety of reasons that trigger this problem. The most significant ones are issues with proper internet connectivity and faulty IMAP/POP settings. You use these settings for configuring your mail on Outlook, Gmail, or any third-party email client. Suffice it to say that it can arise due to any of the causes with which you are unfamiliar. But it is easy to troubleshoot it. Let’s find out how to resolve it so you can get back to using your Yahoo Mail effectively.
Read Also- Why Yahoo Emails Disappeared
Why Is Yahoo Mail Not Sending Emails?
Apart from the causes stated above, there are also other causes of this problem. Here’s a roundup of all the possible reasons.
- The servers of Yahoo are down, which is making you unable to send emails.
- Your internet connection strength is not strong or unstable.
- If you use Yahoo email via the app on your phone, it’s possible that you are using an old version of it.
- The email attachment you are sending exceeds the specified limit.
- Wrong POP/IMAP configuration settings are another cause.
Read Also:-Why Yahoo Images Not Showing
Fix Sending Mail Issue in Yahoo
Now that you are much aware of the causes let’s start our troubleshooting by resolving each of them. In the next section, you’ll find instructions to troubleshoot all the triggers of this problem in your Yahoo Mail.
1. Check Yahoo Server
Often, no matter what you do, you cannot seem to fix this problem in your Yahoo Mail. At this time, it may be possible that there’s no issue from your end. If the servers of Yahoo are down, there’s nothing you can do by yourself to fix the problem.
To check if there’s really a server issue, go to www.downdetector.com and search for the Yahoo server status. If it shows that it’s down, you need to patiently wait till it becomes fine. But if the server status is fine, it means there’s no problem at Yahoo’s end. Move on to the next troubleshooting technique in this case.
2. Examine Your Internet Connectivity
Often, poor internet connectivity will make you unable to send Yahoo emails. So, it’s wise to check your connection strength. You can try the measures below to fix your internet connection.
- Examine your cables – A loose or unplugged cable will cause problems with your internet connection. So, you need to ensure that every cable is properly hooked up.
- Move your computer nearer to the router – If you are using a laptop, try moving it nearer to the router. See if the network connection improves.
- Reset your devices – A power cycle is a good method to resolve internet connectivity issues. Power cycling means rebooting every piece of your network.
3. Update Your Yahoo Mail App On Your Phone
Another reason why Android and iPhone users find their Yahoo Mail not sending emails is because of a non-updated app. Here are the steps that users of both operating systems can use to update the Yahoo Mail app on their devices.
- For Android users
- Begin by launching the Play Store app on your mobile. You can find it by opening the Applications menu.
- Click the “Search” icon, and write “Yahoo Mail” into the field of search.
- After that, in the suggestions list, tap “Yahoo Mail.”
- Now, click the “Update” button.
- Do you see “Installed” instead of “Update“? It implies that you already have an up-to-date app.
- But if you don’t see that, go ahead and install the updates.
- For iOS users
- Open the App Store on your device.
- Now, click the “Updates” tab.
- Find the “Update” button beside Yahoo Mail and tap it to update.
- If you don’t view any “Update” button, your app is up-to-date.
- But if you don’t see that, click the “Update All” button.
4. Examine The Email Attachment Size
Another way in which you can fix sending mail issue in Yahoo is to check the attachment size of your email in Yahoo. Note that you can only send emails up to 25 MB in size. This is the total size limit for both the attachment and the email message. Instead of facing problems in sending, you can reduce the image size. Here are some effective tips to adhere to.
- Use an archiving utility to compress the files you’ve attached.
- Send more than a single email if you’ve got more than one attachment to send.
- Instead of sending the attachment in the message, give a downloadable link to your recipient.
5. Inspect The POP/IMAP and SMTP Settings
To properly send and receive messages in your Yahoo Mail, you need to have the right server settings. Ensure that your POP/IMAP and SMTP settings match the ones provided below.
- SMTP Settings
- smtp.mail.yahoo.com is the SMTP Host.
- 465 or 587 is SSL for the SMTP Port.
- Write your entire email address as the SMTP Username.
- Choose Generate App Password for SMTP Password.
- POP Settings
- pop.mail.yahoo.com is the POP3 Host.
- 995 is the POP3 Port.
- Choose Yes for Requires SSL.
- Input your complete email ID as the POP3 Username.
- Select Generate App Password for POP3 Password.
- IMAP Settings
- imap.mail.yahoo.com is the IMAP Host.
- 993 is the IMAP Port.
- Requires SSL: Yes
- Type in your full email ID as the IMAP Username.
- Choose Generate App Password as the IMAP Password.
6. Request The Recipient To Check Their Spam Folder
Sometimes you feel like you’re unable to send Yahoo emails, but the email is actually in the recipient’s spam folder. Are you sure that you sent the email and that it’s not lying in the outbox? In such a case, ask your recipient to check their spam folder. If it’s present there, they can move it to the primary inbox.
Yahoo Mail not sending emails is one of the frequently occurring problems with this email service. However, you can quickly fix it by checking on a few things described in this post. If, even after implementing these techniques, you are unable to send emails, connect with an Email Technical Support professional. They will provide you with advanced troubleshooting so you can safely and smoothly send your emails again