Millions of people use the Yahoo Mail app almost every day. one of the main components of the emails is images. They contain important data. So, if you don’t see them appearing in the message, you may not get the information you desire. Users frequently report Yahoo images not showing. One of the primary causes for it is that you haven’t enabled the images, but there can be other reasons as well. In this post, you’ll find some effective resolutions to implement to make the images show up on your Yahoo emails.
Read Also:- Why is My Yahoo Mail Not Working.
Why is Yahoo Images Not Showing?
There’s no use in using troubleshooting if you don’t know what is blocking images. Here are some probable causes.
- Your Yahoo Mail is blocking email from loading images.
- The images haven’t been enabled.
- The firewall is interrupting access to the image servers.
- There is an excessive cache in your browser.
- Extensions are blocking the images.
- You may require to employ a different browser.
Read Also:- Why You Can’t Sign into Yahoo Mail
Resolve Images Not Showing up on Yahoo
Essentially, this problem is tied to a security rule. But sometimes, the settings of the browser can also lead to it. Here are the different fixes you can use.
1. Know How To Enable Images in Yahoo Mail
Various users report seeing a ‘This message contains blocked images’ message when they tap the ‘Show images’ button. Here you need to enable images in your Yahoo Mail by adjusting some settings. You have two options. The first is to see pictures in one email straightaway. The other is to set up preferences in a manner that photos show up on every email.
- Log in to the Yahoo Mail.
- After that, choose the ‘Show images’ option present in the email body.
- You can also choose ‘Always show images’ if you want to see all pictures immediately.
- Now, from the top-right portion, tap ‘Settings.’
- Choose the ‘More settings’ option at the lower part of the screen of settings.
- After that, tap ‘Viewing email.’
- Now, select the ‘Always accept in the spam folder’ option in ‘Show images in messages.’
- Refresh your page to save all the applied changes.
2. Force Refresh The Browser Page and Clear The Cache
Another useful tip to use when you find Yahoo Mail not showing images is to refresh your browser page. A force refresh bypasses the cache for the page you are on. So, if you experience problems with your Yahoo Mail page, try this method.
Windows and Linux browser users should hit Ctrl + F5 to force a refresh. Safari users can hit Shift, and the reload toolbar button. Chrome and Firefox users should press CMD + Shift + R.
Now, follow these pointers to clear the cache.
- Look at the top-right and click the three dots settings icon.
- Navigate to ‘More Tools.’ Now, choose the option ‘Clear browsing data.’
- Place a tick in the box of ‘Cached images and files.’
- Also, remove the browsing history.
- Choose a time range to delete the history.
- Lastly, click ‘Clear data.’
3. Make Yahoo a Trusted Website
Sometimes you may find Yahoo images not showing because it is not a trusted website. The solution for it is to add Yahoo Mail as a trusted site. Follow this process to make Yahoo a trusted site on your browser.
- Find the three-dot icon on the right part of the address bar.
- When you locate it, tap it. It’ll bring you to the ‘Settings page.
- Now, find the ‘Show advanced settings’ link, which is at the bottom.
- Click ‘Change Proxy Settings.’
- Now, head to the ‘Security’ tab.
- Tap the symbol of ‘Trusted sites’ followed by ‘Sites.’
- Now, you must put in the address of the trusted site, which is Yahoo Mail.
- After that, click ‘Add.’
- Now, tap ‘Close’ and then ‘OK.’
4. Alter The Picture Display Configuration of The Browser
At times, modifying the display settings of your web browser can also resolve the image problem. Chrome users can follow these points and access photos easily.
- Tap ‘More’ after opening the browser.
- Opt for ‘Settings’ and then ‘Privacy and security.’
- Choose ‘Site settings’ and the setting you have to modify.
- In order to change settings for one website, go to it in the browser.
- Click the icon you want to present on the left part of the web address.
- They are Lock, Info, and Dangerous.
- Tap ‘Site settings.’
- Now, change the permission setting.
5. Fix The Image Issue on the Android
Android users also encounter this problem quite often. The main reason for it is problems with your account. If the photos don’t load properly on your Android phone, it is because of security functionality. So, you should examine your account settings. After you correct them, sign into your Yahoo Mail again on your Android and see if the problem resolves.
Additionally, you may also find images not showing up on Yahoo on your Android if you’ve disabled the image-showing option. In order to enable this option, go through these points.
- On your Android phone, launch the Yahoo Mail app.
- After that, log in to your mail account.
- From the menu, choose the profile icon.
- Now, choose the ‘Settings’ icon.
- To turn off the feature, toggle the slider of ‘Block images to the left.
6. See Images in Yahoo Mail Basic
If you are using the Yahoo Mail Basic version, you’ll not see the images on your email account instantly. In this version, you will view a link icon. It will have a ‘Save’ button below it. When you click on it and save the link, the image file will get downloaded to your system. After that, you can see the photo with the aid of a photo viewing application. Note that Yahoo Mail Basic does not give you the option to enable images. This option is only available in the latest Yahoo Mail version.
These were some of the most effective measures to use when you find your Yahoo images not showing. It’s recommended that you check your email again after each step to see if you can view images. If you’re still unable to view them, connect with an expert Email Technical Support service.