The Yahoo email service boasts around 25 million subscribers all over the world. One of the prevalent reasons for its popularity is its robust user privacy. It prevents invalid logins so that email accounts remain safe. However, it’s also possible for you to find that you can’t sign into Yahoo Mail. This problem can result from the service being down or an issue with your login information. Users face difficulty in signing in not only on their web browser but also in their Android and iPhone apps. But don’t worry. Read this complete post to find out how you can successfully sign in to your Yahoo Mail account.
Get guidance from the Yahoo email experts to resolve Can’t Sign into Yahoo Mail issues.
Why You Can’t Sign into Yahoo Mail?
Some common factors make Yahoo inaccessible. You may be facing login issues due to one of the below-mentioned reasons.
- You are operating on an older variant of your browser, which is incompatible with Yahoo.
- A server outage makes Yahoo mail inaccessible.
- Poor internet connectivity is another cause.
- You are typing the wrong password.
- Excessive cache and cookies in your browser.
- If your account has been hacked, you will face problems signing into Yahoo Mail.
- Faulty system settings is another reason for this issue.
- A firewall or antivirus software can block you from accessing Yahoo Mail.
Some Quick Fixes to Use When you Can’t Sign into Yahoo Mail
You can first begin by following certain simple hacks if you can’t access Yahoo email. These tips will probably allow you to sign in, and you won’t have to implement advanced fixes.
- Check that your internet connection is stable. A lot of login issues are a result of improper internet connection.
- Check that you have not activated the caps lock on your keyboard. Usernames and passwords are often case-sensitive.
- If you are concerned about security or think that your account has been hacked, use the two-step verification process. You can quickly do it by heading to the ‘Account Security’ page.
- It is also possible that the username you are typing is invalid. If you aren’t sure about it, recover the username and then try signing in.
- Check the service status of Yahoo Mail. If it’s down in your area, you cannot sign into Yahoo Mail.
Advanced Measures for When You Can’t Sign into Yahoo Mail
Sometimes, the problem may indicate an issue with your Yahoo Mail’s settings. You can now follow these measures if the above ones didn’t help you sign into your Yahoo Mail account.
1. Sign in through the email-specific page.
If you find yourself unable to access Yahoo Mail through the official Yahoo login site, you can do the same thing through the email-specific page. Similarly, vice versa is also true. If you cannot sign in through the official Yahoo.com site, you can sign in through the email-specific page. It grows your chances of being able to access your Yahoo account.
2. Reset your Yahoo Mail password.
Resetting your Yahoo password is one of the highly effective measures to take when you face Yahoo Mail sign-in problem. Here is how you can reconfigure your Yahoo password.
- Go to your Yahoo Mail and sign in.
- Fill in your email ID and tap the ‘Continue’ button.
- After that, tap the ‘Forgot password’ option.
- Choose the ‘Verify the account’ option.
- You can choose a phone number to verify your account.
- You will get an OTP on the phone number you have registered.
- Fill in this OTP in the required field.
- After that, tap the ‘Finish’ button.
- Now you can create a fresh and strong password and try signing in. You won’t face any issues in the process.
3. Clean the primary browser to sign in to your account
This measure is for those who can’t sign into Yahoo Mail on their browser. If you continuously notice Yahoo Mail temporary error 14, it means you must clean up your primary browser.
- Firstly, remove the browsing data from your web browser.
- Next, update it.
- After updating, reset your browser. You might also need to uninstall it and install a new browser.
4. Use the sign-in helper.
If you cannot sign in to your account even after following so many measures, it means that it has been hacked. Inquire from your friends or family members if they are getting unusual emails from your account. If it is true, you must use Yahoo’s sign-in helper to secure your account. Firstly, verify your account using the sign-in helper and follow the directions to recover your account.
5. Use the correct server settings.
If you can’t access Yahoo email, you can also check and update the IMAP or POP server settings. It is particularly important to do so if you are inputting correct credentials yet are not able to sign in to Yahoo Mail. Here are the server settings you must look out for.
- The name of the IMAP server is imap.mail.yahoo.com.
- 993 is its port number.
- SSL is required.
- The name of the POP3 server is pop.mail.yahoo.com.
- Its port number is 995.
- SSL is crucial.
- The SMTP server name is smtp.mail.yahoo.com.
- Its port number is 465 or 25.
- SSL is optional.
6. Hard-reload your browser.
You can perform a hard reload of any browser. Here is how to hard reload Google Chrome for Windows and Mac.
- In Google Chrome for Windows, hit F12. The Developer Tools window will open on your screen’s right side.
- After you press F12, right-tap on the refresh arrow wheel beside the URL bar.
- Now, tap ‘Empty cache and hard reload.’
- In Google Chrome for Mac, press or hold Cmd + Shift + Delete.
- A window will open up to clear the cache.
- Now, hold and press Shift and tap the ‘Reload’ icon beside the URL bar.
Read Related Post- Yahoo Mail Not Working
These measures will save you time whenever you can’t sign into Yahoo Mail. Use them one by one and start accessing your account. You don’t need to feel bogged down by a minor technical glitch. If you have doubts or want to resolve any other email error, connect with professional email technical support services.