Does your Gmail say no connection? Can’t access the Gmail app on iPhone or Android? Don’t worry; this page will explain why Gmail says no connection and the best approaches to fix the problem. Let’s start.
Gmail is a well-known email client, and it is also the most usable email client service. Its marvelous features make it the best for users. Gmail provides 15GB of free space to store email, pictures, documents, and other essential things that can be easily accessible with the Google Drive feature. But sometimes, the users complain that Gmail says no connection on iPhone or Android devices. They also stated that they face the same while operating Gmail on the system. It occurs when Gmail tries to make a connection with the internet but fails.
These types of no-connection errors are generally fixed automatically in some time. But, if it doesn’t fix, then there must be something serious. To know the exact reasons why Gmail says no connection, go through the next section.
Why Does My Gmail Says No Connection? – Causes
The Gmail no connection is an annoying issue. Experts stated that this no connection happens with Gmail due to the given reasons:
- When the user is using an outdated Gmail app version.
- The browser’s cache files prevent Gmail from establishing a connection.
- Due to the unstable internet connection.
- Issues with the DNS and Proxy settings
- Provide incorrect login credentials.
- Not using an updated browser.
These are the possible reasons for the no-connection error. Now, move the solutions to fix the issues quickly.
Steps for Evaluating Why Gmail Says No Connection Issue?
When the Gmail no connection issues occur, the first you notice is that you can’t send or receive any new emails and can’t read the emails also. So to overcome this issue, we collect and mention the solutions that would help you.
Before initiating the solutions, it is recommended to check the internet connectivity. Sometimes, due to poor and insecure internet, Gmail says no connection issue falls. Also, check the validation of your internet or data pack expiry. The internet package expires, and you can’t get informed. If the internet is working properly, then follow the steps.
Why Gmail Says no Connection on Browser?
When you ask why Gmail says no connection even if I am using the browser, then there can be some faulty ads that stop the error. Also, an outdated browser can trigger it. First, we will remove add-ins. If it doesn’t work, then we will update chrome.
- Firstly, click on the menu from the browser.
- Then, click on More Tools.
- Now, choose Extensions, and a screen full of extensions will appear.
- After that, choose the Extension or Add-ins to remove.
- Click on Remove.
- At last, click on Remove for confirmation.
- Click on the Menu option.
- Now, choose Help from the list.
- Click on About Chrome.
- Here, click on the Update button. If you don’t see the update option, then you are using the latest version.
Remove Cache Files
As we mention, the cache files can be the reason for the error in the cache files. So clearing them can help you to reaccess Gmail.
- Click on Menu and go to More Tools.
- Now, click the Clear Browsing Data option.
- After that, choose a Time range to clear the cache files.
Note: Choose All Time to clear all the cache memory files.
- Now, click the Clear button, and your cache files will be deleted.
Why Gmail Says no Connection on iPhone?
The promotions on Gmail says no connection occurs due to not updating the application to the latest release. So update the iPhone Gmail app with the following steps:
Update iPhone Gmail App
- Go to the Apple Play Store.
- Then type Gmail in the search bar.
- Now, the Gmail app appears, and tap on Update.
- If you can’t find the button, then you are already using the latest update.
If updating can’t help you with why Gmail says no connection, perform the next step.
Remove and Re-add Gmail
- Go to the iPhone Settings.
- Then, tap on Mail, followed by Accounts.
- Now, tap on Gmail.
- From the next page, tap on the Delete Account option.
- It will remove the Gmail app from the iPhone.
Re-add Gmail on iPhone
- Open iPhone Settings and tap on Mail.
- Then tap on Passwords & Accounts and Add Accounts.
- Now, tap on Gmail from the list of email clients and then Continue.
- Enter your Name, Gmail email address, and password and tap on Next.
- Mail will try to regain the email settings.
- At last, finish the Account Setup.
Why Gmail Says No Connection on Android?
You can force stop the app to fix the Gmail no connection error on Android.
Force Quit Gmail on Android
- Go to the Settings on Android.
- Tap on Apps.
- A list of apps will appear; choose Gmail.
- Now, the Gmail app screen will be shown, and click on Force Stop.
- You can also clear Apps Cache by tapping on Clear Cache.
If force-stopping Gmail doesn’t resolve your issue “Why Gmail says no connection”, then you must perform the update for the Gmail app.
Update Gmail App on Android
- Open Google Play Store.
- Type Gmail in the search box.
- Now, tap on Gmail, and you will redirect to the Gmail page.
- Tap on the Update button to get the latest version.
Read Also- Gmail Not Syncing? Get It Fixed!
With Gmail, anyone can easily communicate over email, whether professionally or personally. When Gmail shows any error, it can be dangerous, as it carries all the information about you and your work. Why Gmail says no connection is also a serious issue that needs to be fixed with care. So, to resolve the issue, you can go for the above-sated steps for different devices like iPhone, Android, and Windows or Mac. If the issues continue and you want expert assistance, then connect with Email Technical Experts for instant help. Thank You!