MS Outlook is an inbuilt well-known email application tool widely accessible all around the globe. It allows users to frequently send and receive emails from every corner of the world. It gives more often a notification alert whenever any new email arrives in the Inbox folder. But, for some reason, at a point, Outlook stops sending notifications to its users for new emails received. If you often face the Outlook Notifications Not Working problem, it is recommended to immediately check the Notifications enabling/disabling the feature. Moreover, you can read the blog post carefully as the productive solving guide is at your fingertips. Thus, let’s read and ready to get started right away fixing your notification not working error issue.
Why are My Outlook Notifications Not Working on Windows 10?
Several factors are responsible for Outlook Notifications Not Working On Windows 10. Take a glance at the below noted list of the most possible causes:
- When the notifications feature is disabled in Outlook desktop, at that point you will probably miss out on an important email.
- If your Windows System is running out of an internet connection, you will not get notified.
- Network hiccup could also trigger the Outlook Notifications Not Working error.
Intellectual Solutions To Fix Outlook Notifications Not Working
Until you get a notification alert, you will not sure whether or not new emails or messages have arrived. It however sometimes happens that you will not get notified when receiving any emails in Outlook on your Windows PC. Thus, if you are not alerted to your new emails or messages, don’t wag off! There are numerous fixing tips shared in this post. Go through each guide one after another unless the Outlook notifications start working properly. Let’s begin!
Solution 1: Enable Outlook Notifications in Windows 10
Turning on notification banners allows you to get alert when receiving new emails in Outlook. Here’s how you will enable the Notifications feature in Outlook on your Windows 10 PC:
- Click on the Windows logo tab placed at the bottom extreme right-hand side to open the Start menu.
- Now, go to the “Settings” section and select the “System” category.
- Afterward, place a click on the “Notifications & actions” tab.
- Now, slightly scroll down to view the “Get notifications from these senders” option.
- Then, scroll to the “Outlook” tab.
- And then, click on the “Outlook Notifications” toggle button to turn it on.
- Select “Outlook”
- Click on the “Show notification banners” toggle button to make it enable.
- In the end, close the “Settings” window.
The Outlook Notifications is successfully enabled in your Windows 10 operating device. Now, you will receive a notification alert if any new emails come in Outlook. If unfortunately, the Outlook Desktop Alert Not Working Windows 10 error still persists, move to the next solution. That may be fruitful for you!
Solution 2: Enable Notifications In Outlook App
It is highly required to check and ensure that new message alerts are enabled in the Outlook app. If it is not, let’s do it by implementing the following steps:
- First and foremost, open the Outlook app on your computer system.
- Thereafter, click on the “File” menu and select the “Options” tab.
- Doing this, a pop-up window will appear on the screen.
- You have to give a click on the “Mail” tab from the left sidebar.
- Slightly scroll down to find the “Message arrival” section.
- In that section, check the “Play a sound” and “Display a Desktop Alert” checkboxes.
- Now, tap the “OK” button to save the changes.
The Outlook Notifications Not Working problem is now been finally resolved from the root. You will probably start getting a notification alert when a new email arrives in your Outlook account.
Solution 3: Check Notification Rules In Outlook App
Here’s the step-by-step procedure to check the rules you have set up in the Outlook app. Let’s follow the below-noted course of action:
- Launch MS Outlook
- Go to the “File” menu
- Then, give a click on the “Manage Rules & Alerts” tab.
- A “Rules & Alerts” window will appear.
- Now, check if any rule or alert is interfering with the normal arrival of emails in your Outlook inbox.
- Uncheck the rule that interrupts.
Hopefully, the Outlook 365 Notifications Not Working problem has now been solved and you might receive a notification alert. But, if still not getting alert for the arrival of a new email, try out the next solving tricks.
Solution 4: Stop Focus Assist
Focus Assist is a built-in feature available in Windows 10 operating devices. If it is enabled, you will be restricted from receiving a notification alert. Incoming emails will not be notified and hence you will miss out on your important Outlook emails which could be dreadful. Thus, give an instant check and make sure Focus Assist is disabled on your Windows 10 PC. Here’s how you will check and bring it disabled:
- From the bottom extreme left corner of the Windows taskbar, open “Action Center”
- Now, identify the half-moon-shaped icon named “Focus Assist.”
- If you see either the “Alarms Only” or “Priority Only” option, it means Focus Assist is enabled.
- You have to simply click once or twice on that specific option to bring it disabled.
Advanced Ways To Disable Focus Assist
- Open the “Settings” section on your Windows 10 computer system.
- Now, navigate to “System” > “Focus Assist”
- Hit a click on the “Off” radio button if any other option is selected. It will surely disable this feature and now Outlook will notify you whenever any new email arrives in Outlook.
Solution 5: Restart Windows PC
If unfortunately, the Outlook Notifications Not Working yet on your computer system, then this time your should restart your computer. Most of the time, just restarting your computer solves various temporary glitches. Thus, due to an intermittent network hiccup, you couldn’t receive any notification alerts. Once you restart your PC, you find it’s been resolved.
Solution 6: Turn Off Battery Saver
Just like Focus Assist, battery saver is also a built-in feature in Windows 10 OS. There is a high chance of the battery saver interference with Outlook notifications. Thus, it is required to check and disable Battery saver mode if Outlook Notifications Not Working On Windows 10. Here’s how you can do it in no time:
- First of all, open the Windows Settings section.
- Thereafter, navigate to “System” > “Battery”.
- Now, beneath the “Battery saver” option, click on the toggle button to turn it off.
- Also, give a glimpse of the percentage that appears beneath the option of “Turn battery saver on automatically at.” If the percentage is showing too high, lower it by clicking on its dropdown button.
Read Also- How To Fix Microsoft Outlook Stuck On Loading Profile?
I Hope, the aforesaid techniques have effectively assisted you in solving the Outlook Notifications Not Working error. If none of the above solutions work out for you, feel free to get in touch with our talented team of tech geeks. They have great efficiency and intense knowledge so the best solution will be at your doorstep. Connect with them anytime via the helpline number as they are open 24/7 to lend you a hand.