Are you planning to switch your laptop/computer? You happily operate your new device but a major problem could have is how to transfer Microsoft Office setup files. Luckily, there are different ways to transfer this utility tool on your new PC and frequently access any Microsoft programs. To learn how to shift it to a new computer, browse office.com/setup. Moreover, we have discussed the detailed switching procedures in this post; you can read to know-how.
Several Methods To Transfer MS Office To New PC
When it comes to transferring Microsoft Office software to another computer, it requires a highly skilled and efficient person. Though, there are times when you wander to grab ideal techniques for the same. Land onto the office.com/setup page and perform the proffered intuitive guide. But, before implementing any of the given methods, make sure that a high-speed internet connection is running on your new system. Now, let’s begin:
Method 1: Move MS Office To A New PC With Non-Subscription
When you do not have a subscription to Microsoft 365, don’t worry! Still, there is a way to do MS office setup(office.com/setup) on your new PC. In the below section, we will show you how to transmit the utility tool. Let’s follow the below-noted steps:
- In the very beginning, you have to open any web browser on your newly purchased operating device.
- Now, visit the official www.office.com/setup site.
- Sign in to your Microsoft account. Use the account information to sign in to any Microsoft products, such as Outlook.com, Live.com, or Hotmail.com.
- Once you are signed in to your Office account, tap the “Install Office” tab. It’s near the top-right corner of the page. Doing so will download the installer file to your computer.
- Select the “Save File” tab to start the process.
- Click “Install” or “Install Office” choose as per the version you are installing.
- Now, put double-click on the “Office Installer” to run it. The installer’s name begins with “setup” and ends with “.exe” and is automatically saved in your Downloads folder.
- Now, to start the installation process, simply tap “Yes.”
- Once you receive the “Office is installed now” message, click “Close.”
- After complete installation of MS Office, open any Office app from the “Start” menu. This could be Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or any other product.
- Afterward, select the option “I want to activate the software by telephone” and then press the “Enter” key.
- On your MS Office Activation Wizard window, select your country/region from the drop-down menu. And then, dial the number on your phone.
- Now, you will have to provide your installation ID. It will be the number next to “Installation ID” on the activation wizard.
- Once you enter that given number, you will need to enter your confirmation ID.
- Enter the confirmation ID and then press the “Next” button. Once you do so, your installed MS Office will be active on your new PC.
Now, you are free to uninstall Office from the old PC. To do this, follow the given steps:
- First, open the Windows Search bar on your old PC.
- Type “Uninstall” and click “Add or remove programs” in the search results.
- Scroll down the right panel and click “Microsoft Office”.
- Finally, tap the “Uninstall” tab and follow the on-screen instructed points.
- In the end, you will notice that the installed MS Office program has been removed from your old PC.
This is how office com setup can be performed on your new operating system even when having no Microsoft 365 subscription.
Method 2: Move MS Office/ (Office.com/setup) To A New Mac Without Subscription
- First and foremost, you will get a suggestion to install the latest macOS updates on both your computers, then go to office.com/setup for further process. This helps to a smooth transfer between the two Mac devices.
- Now, make sure that the old Mac has a computer name set. Here’s how to check:
- Click the “Apple” menu and select “System Preferences”.
- Click on the “Sharing” tab.
- If the “Computer Name” field is blank, enter a specific name. It can be anything such as “My Old Mac.”
- Now, associate both Macs to each other and also enable Wi-Fi on each device.
- After that, simply, open “Migration Assistant” on the new Mac. To do this:
- Place a tap on the “Finder” icon.
- Double-tap on the “Applications” folder.
- Double-tap on the “Utilities” folder.
- Click twice the “Migration Assistant” tab.
- Now, click “Continue” to proceed ahead.
- Once you are on the Migration Assistant page, Select “From a Mac, Time Machine backup, or Startup disk.”
- Now, click the “Continue” tab.
- Now, perform the next step on the Mac that already has Microsoft Office installed.
- After that, open “Migration Assistant” on your old Mac from the Applications folder under “Utilities”.
- Now, tap “Continue”.
- Afterward, choose the option “To another Mac” and then tap “Continue”.
- Thereafter, choose your old Mac or Time Machine backup drive and click “Continue”.
- Now, select the information you want to transfer to your new Mac.
- And then click the “Continue” tab.
- Doing so begins the process of copying Microsoft Office and other applications to your new Mac. Once the migration is completely done, you’ll find Microsoft Office in your “Applications” folder.
- Now, open any Office app on your new macOS. Feel free to open MS Word, Excel, Outlook, or any other office apps.
- You’ll find your Office apps on the Launchpad.
- If you receive an activation error, activate via telephone. Here’s what to perform:
- On the “Activation Wizard” Window, select “I want to activate the software by telephone.”
- And then, press the “Next” button.
- Select your country/region to view the Product Activation Center phone number for your locality.
- Simply, dial the number and provide the “Installation ID.”
- After that, enter your confirmation ID provided by the phone service.
- Click the “Next” tab and follow the on-screen instructed steps to activate.
Now, you are completely allowed to remove MS Office from your old Mac. To uninstall Office on the old Mac:
- Click the “Finder” icon.
- Double-click the “Applications” folder.
- Hold down the Command key as you click each Office app. Make sure you select the entire Office apps.
- Keep holding the “Control” key while you click any of the selected apps. A menu will expand.
- Now, click “Move to Trash” to uninstall Office completely.
After implementing the aforesaid guidelines, Microsoft Office will be successfully set up on your new macOS.
Method 3: Transfer MS Office To Another PC Using Office 365 Subscription
The comprehensive guide for MS Office Setup on New Computer is listed underneath. Check it out:
- Open any web browser on your new computer.
- Access www.office.com/setup.
- After that, sign in to your Microsoft account. Provide the email address and password associated with your Microsoft 365 subscription.
- Now, click “Install Office” near the top-right corner of the page.
- Now, Click Install or Install Office as per the version you’re installing.
- Once the installation process gets done, run the Office installer from the default Downloads folder. You only have to give a double-click on the file to begin the installation.
- If you’re using Windows, the installer’s name begins with “setup” and ends with .exe.
- If you’re using a Mac, the installer’s name begins with “Microsoft_Office” and ends with pkg.
- Follow the on-screen prompted directives to install Office. The steps will probably be a little different depending on your Windows operating system.
- Click “Yes” to grant the installer permission to run.
- Once the whole process ends, open any Office app on your new system device. This could be Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or any other product.
- If you’re using Windows, from the Start menu you can open any Office apps.
- If you have a macOS, from the Launchpad, you can open Office apps.
- Now, you need to activate Microsoft Office on your new PC.
- See if you’re using Windows, signing in and accepting the license agreement will just activate all your Office apps.
- If you’re using a Mac, follow the provided steps:
- Click “Get Started” at the bottom of the “What’s New” window.
- Click “Sign In” and use your correct credentials to log in to your Microsoft account.
- Now, once the activation process gets done, click “Start Using Word.”
Now, you are ready to operate Office apps on your new computer.
Contact 24/7 Online Office 365 Support For More Help
I Hope, you are much satisfied with the aforementioned productive information for transferring office.com/setup to a new PC. If you confront any technical glitches while switching your MS Office to another computer, don’t feel blue! Consult our talented and immense experienced tech-geeks for doorstep Office 365 Support. Within the least possible time, your problem will be fixed, for sure. Thus call us at the given helpline number and make conversation with our techies hassle-freely.