Microsoft Outlook is a highly secure email service and extremely reliable platform for quick sending and receiving emails. It is a prominent email service provider where users can very frequently send/receive emails, organize inboxes, schedule meetings, set reminders, and more. However, it is somehow mandatory to connect your Outlook to the server in order to operate your Outlook account smoothly. So, if you access Outlook as a primary email account, make sure there is no server issue. If Microsoft Outlook Cannot Connect To The Server for any reason, you will find loads of difficulties in accessing your account. At that point in time, you may start seeking help to solve it. Finally, your search has ended up as we have got you covered with fruitful fixing techniques in this post. Read to grab effective ideas!
What Possible Factors Lead To Microsoft Outlook Cannot Connect To Server
- Incorrect Outlook login credentials
- Outlook is probably offline
- Using an outdated version of MS Outlook
- Corrupt .PST files may trigger Outlook Not Connecting To Server
- A corrupt Outlook data file could also create trouble in connecting your Outlook to the server.
- A damaged OST file is also the one reason for which Outlook doesn’t connect to the server.
- Outlook Cannot Connect To The Server due to incompatible or faulty add-ins.
Top 9 Fixes For Microsoft Outlook Cannot Connect To The Server Error
Unable to access Outlook emails due to Microsoft Outlook Cannot Connect To The Server problem would be a dreadful situation. Luckily, there are various ultimate methods you can try to get rid of such a problematic server connectivity issue. We have compiled all the fixing possibilities for you. Give a glimpse of the provided solutions and implement one after another seriously.
Method 1: Restart Your Outlook And PC
Restarting the operating devices and your applications is the one-stop solution for any technical errors. Thus, whenever Outlook Trying To Connect to the server but unfortunately it is not connecting, simply restart Outlook and computer. Restarting method is always recommended as it flushes out all the complicated processes and resolves many associated issues. So, in the end, without thinking too much, let’s restart your Outlook and PC. Thereafter check if the problem has been sorted out or yet it is appearing. You can jump to the next solving procedure if it doesn’t work.
Method 2: Verify Your Credentials
If providing wrong credentials during Outlook sign in, the Outlook Not Connecting To Server error may arise. So, it is strongly recommended to check your credentials and ensure you have correctly entered them. Make sure, you have not misspelled your username or password otherwise the Outlook won’t connect to the server. Here’s what you should actually perform :
- First, open Outlook.
- Now, navigate to File -> Info -> Account and Social Network Settings -> Account Settings. This will take you to land on the “Settings” page.
- Afterward, go to the “Email” tab and select your specific account that has a server problem.
- Look for the “Remove” icon on the top panel and give a click on it to completely eradicate the account.
- Once the account is successfully removed, go to the home page, and manually log in to your account. Enter the right credentials without making a single typo. Double-check the spelling, white spaces (if found any), and all the characters.
- Now, check if your Outlook can connect to the server or not.
Method 3: Make Sure Outlook Is Online
If your credentials are correctly entered and still you’re can not log in, check if your Outlook is online. This is however quite essential, as when in the offline mode, Microsoft Outlook Cannot Connect To The Server. Here’s how to bring it online:
- Open Outlook
- Go to the “Send/Receive” tab.
- Now, look for an option called “Work Offline” and give a click on it.
- Doing this, Outlook will be turned to online from its offline mode.
- Now, your Outlook will automatically connect to the server.
- Also, at the right-side bottom, you’ll see the “Trying to connect…” message.
Once the connection is successfully established, Outlook will connect to the server without any error issue. Further, you can send and receive emails. If yet Outlook Not Connecting To Server, implement the next solving method.
Method 4: Connect Your Computer To The High-Speed Internet
Outlook always requires a stable internet connection to work with no hassle. So, if you have a weak or an unstable internet connection running on your PC, Outlook Cannot Connect To The Server. In such a scenario, you have to open any web browsers on your computer and verify if it is connected to the internet. Also, fix router and adapter problems so that your PC connects to the strong internet.
Method 5: Repair Outlook
- First, open Outlook
- Next, browse File -> Info -> Account and Social Network Settings -> Account Settings
- Select your account which has a server issue and hit the “Repair” icon.
- You will be asked to confirm your selection and possibly even provide the password linked with your account.
- Once you confirm it, Outlook will start repairing it and if it finds any errors will solve them out immediately.
Method 6: Disable Extensions
Most of the Outlook extensions are verified. Still, a few may hinder Outlook’s processes and cause Outlook Cannot Connect To Server error. To get it terminated from the root, you need to disable entire Outlook extensions and then attempt connecting. Here’s how:
- Go to the “File” menu on your Outlook home page
- Now, navigate to Options -> Add-ins. All the add-ins will display on the right-hand pane.
- Slightly scroll down to the bottom and from the drop-down list, choose the “COM” add-ins.
- Now, hit the “Go” button.
- Afterward, uncheck all the extensions and then press the “OK” button.
- Doing so, all the extensions will be eliminated.
- Now, restart Outlook to see if this fixes the error.
Method 7: Rebuild The Outlook Data File
- First, open Outlook
- Next, go to the “File” menu and browse Info -> Account and Social Network Settings -> Account Settings.
- Now, go to the “Data Files” tab and select the email ID causing the problem.
- Search for an option called “Open File Location.” When Windows Explorer opens, copy your data file and paste it to a different location. Alternatively, you can modify the file’s extension temporarily.
- Now, restart Outlook, and it will try to re-create the data file.
If it also didn’t work, jump to the subsequent method.
Method 8: Generate Your Profile
- First, open the Control Panel on your Windows.
- Then, go to the “Mail” section.
- Now, hit the “Add” button to add a new profile and provide a genuine name to it.
- Go through the Outlook wizard process accurately to set it up.
- Now, access the profile and see if you are able to connect to the Internet. If the new profile works finely, feel free to delete the old one after making a backup of the necessary data.
If still same server connectivity error persists with your Outlook account, move to the next fixing guide.
Method 9: Reinstall Outlook
Uninstalling your current Outlook from your PC and installing it again properly may work as it gives you a fresh start. Simply from the Apps and features section, you will uninstall your Outlook. Once the app is successfully uninstalled, re-install it directly from the manufacturer’s website.
Read Also- Microsoft Outlook Not Opening On Mac or Windows.
If none of the aforesaid methods work out and still seeking How To Connect Outlook To Server, contact us at Microsoft Outlook Support Number. Our extremely talented and immensely qualified tech-geeks work hard round the clock only for your better support. We are always ready to answer your call and lend you an effective hand at your doorstep. Hence, dial the given number and stay tuned till Outlook is able to connect to the server.