Microsoft Outlook is undoubtedly a full-featured, most reliable, and prolific email client that works impeccably in terms of sending/receiving emails. Such an ultimate emailing program has the efficiency to leave multiple processes running in the background. But, there are also times when the running processes get stuck all of a sudden and hence Microsoft Outlook Not Working anymore.
Every time you try to open your file, document, or anything, or want to send an email to your recipient, Outlook won’t respond. Experiencing issues with Outlook not being able to open or load can be so much confusing and infuriating.
Luckily, there is a potential solution discussed in this post that will surely be effective for you. Thus, let’s read to grab suitable fixing techniques.
Reasons Behind Microsoft Outlook Not Working Error
Beneath we describe the actual facts of Why Is Microsoft Outlook Not Working. Keep an eye on the list of possible causes:
- Outdated Microsoft Windows and Office
- Outlook data files are damaged
- Incorrect Outlook configurations
- Corrupt Outlook installation
- Damaged DLL files
- Unstable internet connection could also result in Microsoft Outlook Email Not Working problem.
- Issues with Outlook server
- Microsoft Outlook app is probably out-of-date
- Defective Outlook PST file
Solutions To Instantly Fix Microsoft Outlook Not Working
Outlook freezes or doesn’t respond while you attempt to open data files or send any Outlook emails. Once you identify the real cause for its appearance, you will be able to purge the error in just a pinch.
Above, it is shown what triggers Microsoft Outlook Not Working and the below-noted source of actions will show you how to troubleshoot. Let’s implement one-by-one solving tricks.
Solution 1: Verify Even Viewer
The Event Viewer is a diagnostic tool that provides access to users to view the event logs on a local or remote machine. After viewing the event logs, users can identify the reasons for the errors soon. Thus, you should check the Event Viewer whenever you confront the Microsoft Outlook Search Not Working error issue. Here’s is how to check it out:
- In the Windows Search field, type “Event.”
- From the opened list of menus, select the option of “Event Viewer” or “View event logs.”
- In the “Event Viewer” window, tap on “Windows Logs” to expand and then choose “Application.”
- Thereafter, under the “Source” column of the center pane, find “Outlook”, “Windows Error Reporting” or “Application Error.”
- Check the recent event logs from these three sources. You will receive the related error, for example, the “MSVCR90.dll” file.
- On that basis, you will be able to effortlessly rectify the Outlook Not Responding error.
- If you are unable to identify the reasons for the specific errors from the Windows event logs, don’t worry! Just move to the next solving method as it will probably work out in fixing your problem.
Solution 2: Eradicate Defective Add-ins In The Outlook Safe Mode
A flawed or unsupported Add-ins can lead to several problems including Microsoft Outlook Not Working and causing data corruption. Thus, if you encounter this error where Microsoft Outlook stops working abruptly, it could be caused by a faulty add-in. To fix this error, go through the instructions noted underneath:
- First and forecast, open Outlook in the safe mode.
- Now, look for “outlook.exe /safe” in the Windows “Start Menu.”
- Thereafter, press the “Enter” key.
- Next, go to the “File” menu and navigate to Add-ins > Go.
- In the new dialog box, eliminate or disable all the third-party add-ins. Do not remove the Microsoft add-ins as it should be available for smooth accessing Outlook.
- Now, re-open Outlook normally and check if Outlook still stops working or it works fine with flawless. If the same problem exists yet unknowingly, execute to the next solution.
Solution 3: Make A New Outlook Profile
A couple of times Microsoft Outlook Email Not Working due to accessing a damaged Outlook profile. In such a scenario, what you should actually do is to create a new Outlook profile applying the following guide. Let’s begin:
- First, on your Windows, head over to “Control Panel” > “mail.”
- In the new dialogue box, click the “Show profile” option.
- In the next dialog, click the “Add” button and give a specific name to it.
- Thereafter, add the email account.
- And then, change the newly created profile as the default Outlook profile.
- Finally, restart your Outlook and check if Outlook is working properly or not. If Outlook email doesn’t open, move to the next solution.
Solution 4: Repair Corrupt Outlook PST File
PST is the Outlook data file where all your incoming/outgoing email and mailbox items such as contacts, notes, journals, calendar, attachments, etc. are stored. Whatever you access on your Outlook will be automatically stored in the PST file. So, if it gets corrupted or damaged, Outlook will not load and hence won’t work. Therefore, rectify such a corrupt Outlook PST file simply by using the Outlook Inbox Repair tool called ScanPST.EXE. When you install Office, such a repair tool is also installed on your PC. Here’re the desired steps you need to go through one by one:
- Open Windows Explorer and search “Scanpst” in the MS Office installation directory.
- Now, put a double click on “SCANPST.EXE” to run this tool.
- Afterward, click the “Browse” button and select the damaged PST Outlook file.
- Click on the “Start” tab to scan PST for corruption errors.
- After scanning, click the “Repair” button to initiate the repairing process.
- In the end, restart Outlook and check if Outlook is working or still Microsoft Outlook Not Working. There is another fixation method you should give it a try once.
Solution 5: Install The Latest Windows And Office Updates
Microsoft Outlook works with fluency without any disruption when it’s up to date. Thus, always set “Windows Update” to automatically download and install available updates.
If your Windows is up-to-date, bug fixes, new features, and performance enhancements are released technically. If installing the latest updates didn’t resolve your issue, move on to the next solving method.
Need Additional Support For Quality Assistance? Call Us
Hopefully, you are able to purge the error of the Microsoft Outlook Not Working problem with the aforesaid intuitive guidance. If you need a more advanced technical guide, contact the expert team available at Microsoft outlook support number.
You will be remotely taught what steps should be walked through to resolve the Outlook has stopped working error. Hence, give a single ring on the provided helpline number and stay tuned freely with the top-most qualified tech specialists.