Many users frequently report IMAP AOL com not responding. When you find this problem, it means that there’s an error with the loading. Users get this message when they refresh their emails. If you find this error message, it will imply that IMAP.AOL.com is not functioning due to various reasons. It’s important for you to resolve this error. Otherwise, you’ll be unable to access or receive your new emails. The great thing is that there are numerous ways by which you can fix it. In this article, you’ll find why this error occurs and ways to troubleshoot it effectively.
Reasons for IMAP AOL Com Not Responding
This problem can occur due to various reasons. They are as follows.
- Incorrect internet connection on the device.
- Technical problems in the email server.
- AOL mail can stop responding because of huge incoming and outgoing emails.
- Incorrect AOL password.
- A bug in the AOL mail application can result in this issue.
- Internet connectivity with weak signals can result in several loading issues.
- Incorrect details for AOL server and faulty login details.
- The security programs interfere with the proper functioning of the AOL mail server.
Steps to Take When IMAP AOL Com Not Responding
You can easily settle this issue through different troubleshooting techniques. Follow these fixes when you find imap.aol.com not responding.
1. Uninstall and reinstall your AOL account
Sometimes, the AOL mail account can work improperly because of excessive outgoing and incoming emails. So, uninstalling and reinstalling the AOL account can fix it. It’s the simplest and an effective resolution for this problem.
- Open ‘Settings‘ on your device.
- After that, scroll below and hit ‘Accounts and password.’
- You will notice a series of email accounts that you use. Tap the one that’s affected.
- Now use the red button to remove that account.
- Hit the ‘Back‘ button. Now navigate to the main menu.
- Give your phone some time to sync the new setting and then open ‘Settings.’
- Navigate to ‘Accounts and password.’
- Now navigate to ‘Add account.’
- Choose the AOL account that is causing issues among the list of email ID providers.
- After choosing the email account, input your username and password. After you enter them, the AOL email account will commence working.
2. Update the AOL account details
It’s also important for you to inspect the account configuration settings if you encounter a message that says ‘imao.aol.com not responding.’ Suppose you have given the wrong details for the server. In that case, you will encounter this message. So, it’s vital to update your account details correctly. Make sure that the address of the server is imap.aol.com. 587 should be the port number, and the authentication type must be SSL.
3. Disable security applications
Security applications can often interrupt the functioning of your AOL mail. It also hinders the account from syncing. So, disabling the security applications on your system will allow you to eliminate this problem.
4. Configure IMAP connection manually.
It’s also another effective measure to implement when you find that the mail server imap.aol is not responding. Follow these steps and fix the problem.
- On your system, launch ‘Settings.’ Alternatively, you can also hit the gear icon.
- Choose ‘Add account.’
- In its window, input the password and email address of your AOL email account.
- Hit the ‘Login‘ button.
- Now, click the ‘Settings‘ icon.
- From the drop-down menu, choose ‘Settings.’
- Navigate to the panel that says ‘Mail Server Input or Output.’
- Now, configure your incoming mail server as follows.
- IMAP is the incoming account type.
- imap.aol.com is the name of the incoming mail server.
- Input the name shown to the recipients in the incoming user name.
- The email address of your AOL account is the received email address.
- The password of your AOL account is the inbox password.
- 993 is the entry door number.
- Configure your outgoing mail server as follows.
- smtp.aol.com is your outgoing mail server.
- The email address of your AOL account is the outgoing email address.
- The password of your AOL account is the outgoing password.
- 587 is the outgoing port number.
- To apply all these changes, tap ‘Save Changes.’
Measures to Take When IMAP AOL Com Not Responding on iPhone
There are many resolutions to follow when IMAP AOL not responding iPhone. Follow the different fixes till you find the one that makes your email account work.
1. Strong internet connection
It’s the first solution to use when this problem occurs. Ensure that you have a strong internet connection. Weak signals can result in loading issues. If there’s a weak signal, place your device nearer to the internet connection.
2. Turn on and off the airplane mode
When you turn on and off the airplane mode, it will disable the wireless transmission functions. Follow these points to do so.
- Access the ‘Control Panel‘ on your iPhone.
- Next, tap ‘Airplane Mode.’
- Now turn this mode on. Wait for some time.
- Turn the Airplane mode off.
- Now see if your IMAP AOL account is responding.
3. Unlock Google CAPTCHA
Unlocking Google CAPTCHA can also fix the problem easily. Follow these points to execute this resolution.
- Launch the web browser on your phone and navigate to http://www.google.com/a/domainname.com/UnlockCaptcha.
- Make a unique domain name of the Google apps by altering the domainname.com
- Give the Gmail account username and password.
- Enter the CAPTCHA phrase you see in the image.
- Read the instructions on your screen and click ‘Unlock‘ when the process gets complete.
4. Force stop the AOL app and restart it.
Force stopping the AOL mail app and then starting it again is the shortest resolution to this issue. Perform it as follows.
- Hit the ‘Home‘ button two times on your device.
- Now swipe up the image of the app.
- Launch the app again and see if the problem persists.
All these resolutions are effective and will immensely help you when you find IMAP AOL com not responding. Both Windows and Mac users have plenty of ways to troubleshoot this problem. But if the problem refuses to leave, connect with professional AOL customer support services.