Apple device users are familiar with iCloud’s storage service. It facilitates seamless syncing of calendars, photos, emails, and documents across your Apple devices. However, if you find iCloud email not working, you may run the risk of losing access to your data. Often, users find themselves unable to send an email and don’t know what to do in such a situation. There are many reasons why your iCloud email stops working on your iPod, iPhone, or iPod. You may be unable to connect to iCloud or find that iCloud settings are constantly updating. In this article, you will find different ways to troubleshoot different iCloud email issues.
Troubleshoot iCloud Email Not Working on Your Apple Device
The very first measure you can take is to check the iCloud mail status from the official Apple website. If the status is fine, you can proceed to the fixes below.
1. Turn ON Fetch New Data
If there’s a problem in getting emails, it can be because new data is not getting pushed to your device. When you enable the Fetch New Data function, it will make your iPhone frequently as the server for new data.
- Go over to ‘Settings.’ Select ‘Mail‘ followed by ‘Accounts.’
- Now, select ‘Fetch New Data‘ and switch on ‘Push.’
- Now, select either ‘Automatically‘ or ‘Manually‘ and the frequency to fetch data.
2. Check The Attachment Size
Your email message cannot be more than 20 MB. If it surpasses this limit, you won’t find it getting delivered to the recipient. So, check the attachment size and send email messages below 20 MB in size.
But if you need to send large files, utilize the Apple Mail Drop. Follow these pointers to use this feature.
- Compose your email and add the attachment.
- A window will get displayed. It will ask if you desire to use Mail Drop.
- To enable it, just click ‘Use Mail Drop.’
- The file will now get uploaded to the iCloud account. You can then send it as you would usually do.
3. Ensure iCloud Email’s Accessibility on iCloud.com
You can access iCloud mail from iCloud.com for Mac, iPad, and laptops. Ensure that you have updated your web browser. Use these steps to clear its cache.
- Choose Safari.
- Now select ‘Preferences.’
- Go to the ‘Advanced‘ tab.
- Exit ‘Preferences‘ by selecting the ‘Show Develop Menu’ in the menu bar.
- Choose ‘Empty caches.’
- You can see the assistance menu for instructions specific to your web browser.
- You can also connect with your internet service provider to access iCloud mail from another internet connection.
4. Fix The Authentication Error While Signing into iCloud
One of the common iCloud email issues is the authentication error. It appears even after you enter the right credentials to sign up. Follow this process to fix this error message.
- Head to the Apple ID website.
- Use your Apple credentials to sign in.
- If you are unable to sign in, tap ‘Forgotten your Apple ID or password?’
- Through it, you can reset your sign-in details.
- Once you log in, you’ll see a notification giving you the new terms and conditions.
- Agree with them.
- After that, you’ll be able to log in to all your devices.
5. Resolve The Verification Failed Error
Verification Failed is one of those iCloud email problems that arise when you log in or out of iCloud. Although a poor internet connection is one of its leading causes, it can also arise due to minor technical glitches. Follow these simple fixes to eliminate the error.
- Turn off your iPhone or iPad.
- After about a minute, start it again.
- Now, check if there’s a good internet connection.
- Check the accuracy of the date and time on your device by heading to ‘Settings.’
- After that, choose ‘General‘ followed by ‘Date & Time.’
- Switch on the option to ‘Set automatically.’
- If you are employing your Apple ID on another device, head to its ‘Settings‘ followed by ‘Your Name.’
- Now, go to ‘Password & Security‘ followed by ‘Get Verification Code.’
- This code will help you log in easily if you’ve enabled 2-factor authentication.
6. Put Your Device in Recovery Mode
You can also put your phone in Recovery Mode when you find your iCloud email not responding. Here are the steps that iPhone8, iPhone X, iPhone 13, and users of newer versions can follow.
- Link your device to the computer.
- Now, press and release the button of ‘Volume up.’
- When you do so, immediately press the ‘Volume down button and release it.
- Now, hold the side button.
- Keep holding it till the Apple logo comes up on the screen.
- Also, don’t release it till you notice the Recovery Mode screen.
Finding iCloud email not working can be frustrating. Moreover, you may lose access to your data if it doesn’t function for long. Use these measures to fix different issues easily. You can also talk to an Support for emails expert if you need further assistance.