Hotmail is a prominent email famous for its fast servers that help in sending emails very efficiently. But being a most used program, Hotmail shows errors to the users. They said that Hotmail not receiving emails on their devices, whether Android or iPhone. It is a typical issue, but it is evolving these days. It might be due to a compatibility issue with the Hotmail app. According to the experts, there could be other various reasons which raise the issue.
Also Check:- How to backup Outlook emails
Why Hotmail Not Receiving Emails?
From the user’s feedback and the expert’s talk, we have created a list of the causes of why you can’t see emails in Hotmail. Following are:
- The leading cause might be improper POP3 and IMAP server settings.
- Slow internet can also prevent receiving emails.
- When you block the domain or the sender from the Hotmail account.
- Hotmail Mail Filter might shift the incoming emails.
- System Antivirus program might stop the incoming port.
- When you activate Rule on Hotmail or Outlook.
After the causes, we are now shifting towards the solutions section.
Solutions for Hotmail Not Receiving Emails Issue
In this section, we try to resolve the issue with simple tricks you can apply, whether you are operating Hotmail on Windows, Android, or iPhone.
1. Check the Junk Folder
It is the first step you can perform to check Hotmail’s Junk Folder. Due to improper email settings, the emails go directly to the junk folder, or, by mistake, you trash them. To recover the emails from the Junk folder and also update its settings with the following steps:
- Firstly, log in to your Hotmail account.
- Then, click on the Settings option from the right top.
- After that, click on View All Outlook Settings.
- Now, click on the Junk Email tab from the left pane.
- Here, choose and remove all the domains or emails from the block list and click on the Delete button followed by Save.
- When you modify the Junk Email settings, go to the Junk Email box and move the new emails to the Inbox folder.
Solution 2: Check Email Rules (Filter)
In Hotmail/Outlook, you can easily set Rules for receiving emails to your inbox. If your Hotmail not receiving emails, then it is must check the rules/filter with the following steps:
- From the Hotmail/Outlook account, go to Settings.
- Secondly, go for the View all Outlook Settings and choose Rules.
- Now, to change or edit the rule, click on the Edit icon. Or, if you want to delete the rule, click on the Delete icon.
- At last, click on Save to apply the changes.
Solution 3: Disable Email Forwarding
Hotmail has features of forwarding emails from one account to another. When this feature enables, Hotmail does not receive emails in the primary account’s inbox. So you have to disable the Email Forwarding from Hotmail with the following steps:
- Go to the Hotmail account Settings.
- Click on View All Outlook Settings.
- Now, from the left pane, click on the Forwarding tab.
- Here, enter the password of Hotmail/Outlook and click on the sign-in button.
- In the last step, remove all the email addresses from the forwarding list.
Sometimes, users also stated that they are not receiving emails from Gmail or a particular domain. It is also common and can be resolved easily.
Also Check:- Why Outlook keeps crashing
What to do When Hotmail Not Receiving Emails from Gmail?
When Hotmail cannot receive email from Gmail or any domain, the particular domain is blocked from the Hotmail settings. So to receive emails from Gmail or domains, remove the domain name from the list and add them to the safe senders’ list to receive email without interruption.
- After logging in to your Hotmail account.
- Go to the Settings option.
- Now, click on View All Outlook Settings.
- After that, click on the Junk Email tab.
- Scroll to choose the Blocked Senders pane.
- Here, choose Gmail Domain or Gmail.com (or any domain name) from the block list and click the Delete button.
- At last, click on the Save button.
Fix Hotmail not Receiving Emails on iPhone Issue
iPhone users also face emails not receiving in Hotmail problems. So to resolve the issue, we are presenting you with two solutions that are:
1. Ensure Fetch New Data Settings
- Firstly, open the iPhone Settings.
- Then tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- Now, tap on the Fetch New Data option, and then you have to select Automatically or Manually. You can also select a schedule.
2. Examine Mail Days to Sync Settings
To fix Hotmail not receiving emails, you also have to examine the Mail Days to Sync settings with the following steps:
- Open iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Passwords & Accounts.
- Afterward, tap on the Hotmail account
- Here, you have to choose Mail Days to Sync.
- To get your emails daily, choose the No Limit option, and all the emails will sync.
How to Fix Hotmail not Receiving Emails Issue on Android?
Android users also face the same problem with their Hotmail can’t get incoming emails. The issue can be settled down with the following steps:
Force Quit Hotmail App and Clear Cache
- Firstly, open Android Settings.
- Then, tap on Apps>>All Apps.
- Now, a list of applications appears; click on Hotmail.
- When the Hotmail screen appears, click on Force Stop from the bottom.
- After that, tap Clear Cache.
- It will reset the application.
- At last, open the Hotmail application and check for incoming emails.
Sometimes, it’s annoying when your Hotmail not receiving emails from any other domain. This issue also occurs on Android and iPhone devices. But now you know the tricks how to overcome this situation. You can go for any solution depending upon your device. The above-stated are easy to follow if you resolve the issue without technical knowledge.
If you face any difficulty, then our experts are always available. You can contact our Email support team using the Live Chat option or through Email. Thank you!