Roadrunner email service comes with features like easy setup and a good amount of memory. However, at times, users commonly encounter performance problems like Roadrunner email not working on their respective Windows or Mac devices. But the good thing is that these issues do not permanently damage your mail. There are various workarounds to solving unresponsive Roadrunner emails.
Note that this problem can arise in several ways. You can find yourself not being able to send mail with your Roadrunner email account or can find that it’s not receiving emails. There’s also the scenario of your email password not working. Let’s find out what leads to all these issues and how you can fix them effectively.
Why Is My Roadrunner Email Not Working?
Your Roadrunner email may not work due to a plethora of causes. Below is a list of the common ones.
- A bad server connection or high data traffic can cause your Roadrunner account not to work.
- Low storage space in the device you are using is another cause.
- If your Roadrunner email receives many spam mails, the account will not function.
- A browser with many suspicious add-ins will render Roadrunner incompatible working with the browser.
- If you have disabled Adobe Flash Player, you may face this issue.
- Incorrect SMTP email server settings of Roadrunner are another cause.
- A faulty password or username will make you lock yourself out of the account. This problem gets worse if you don’t remember the answer to the security question and are unable to reset your password.
Resolve Roadrunner Email Exchange Problems
Problems in sending and receiving emails are very common in the Roadrunner email service. Here is some handy troubleshooting to fix both sending and receiving email problems.
Fixes for Roadrunner not sending emails
You can use several measures to make your Roadrunner email service send your messages to the recipient. Here are some things to consider.
- Check the number of emails you have sent. If you’ve sent a lot of them (1000), your account will get blocked, and you won’t be permitted to send more messages.
- Don’t make any mistakes while entering the email address of the recipient.
- Check that you are using a high-speed internet connection.
- Switch to a different browser and resend emails once more.
- Use Roadrunner on a device that’s compatible.
Fixes for Roadrunner not receiving emails
Inaccurate SMTP server settings, blacklisted receiver’s address, and insufficient mailbox space are the main reasons for Roadrunner not receiving emails. Follow these points to troubleshoot the problem.
- Check that there is enough storage in your Roadrunner email account. The email storage limit is 5 gigabytes. If it is full, you won’t receive emails.
- Check that you are working with a high-speed internet connection.
- Examine the spam folder of your email account.
- Look at the block list by going to the email settings. It’s possible that the sender’s address has been blocked by you.
- Check the date and time settings. Incorrect settings are a major cause of users not receiving emails in their Roadrunner account.
Other Fixes for Roadrunner Email Account Not Working
After checking all the things above, if you still face issues in working with Roadrunner, you can move on to other targeted fixes. They are explained in the following sections.
Ensure that you use the right Roadrunner SMTP settings
Incorrect RR email settings will hinder the email service from working properly. The correct SMTP settings are as follows:
- Type your email ID in the ‘Username’ field.
- Write your Roadrunner password in the ‘Password’ field.
- pop-server.maine.rr.com is the server name.
- 110 is the port.
- The ‘Security Type’ is None.
The outgoing server settings are as follows:
- smtp-server.maine.rr.com is the server.
- 25/587 is the port.
- The ‘Security Type’ is None.
- Check the field ‘Require Sign-in.’
- [email protected] is the ‘Username.’
- Your Roadrunner password is the password.
Reset your password
If you are facing login problems, a password reset will resolve it. You can carry out this process by following these steps.
- Head over to the login page of Spectrum.
- Tap the link of ‘Forgot email password.’
- Give the right answer to the security questions and fill out the CAPTCHA correctly.
- Now, reset the password.
- After that, you can sign in through this new password.
Fix Roadrunner email not working with Outlook
If your Roadrunner email is not working with Outlook, you can try deleting your RR email profile and configure it again. Here is how you do it.
- Open ‘Files‘ in Outlook.
- After that, choose ‘Account Setting.’
- Now select ‘Manage Profiles‘ and tap ‘Show Profiles.’
- Right-tap on your Roadrunner email account and choose the ‘Remove‘ option.
- Now re-add the account on Outlook.
Troubleshoot Roadrunner Email Not Working on iPhone and Android
Do you suddenly realize that your Roadrunner email account is not working on your smartphone? Here are some easy fixes that both iPhone and Android users can follow.
iPhone users can resolve the situation by following a series of steps. They are as follows.
- Firstly, ensure that the Roadrunner email is not down.
- Head over to https://downdetector.com/status/spectrum/ and check if it shows any problem, like an outage.
- Enter the right server settings. Now you can configure your account using the right server settings. The email server settings are as follows:
- The incoming IMAP server is mail.twc.com, while the outgoing is mail.twc.com.
- The incoming port number is 993.
- The outgoing port number is 587.
- The security type is TLS/SSL
- Force restart your iPhone. Switch it off. Then switch it on. It’ll give a fresh start to the device.
- Check if you have enough space on your iPhone. Go to ‘Settings‘ followed by the ‘General‘ tab, and then choose ‘iPhone storage.’ Go to the ‘Installed apps’ list and clear the cache to free up space.
If you find Roadrunner email not working on Android, follow these hacks. They will ensure that you start accessing and working on your account again.
- Ensure that you are using a browser compatible with the Roadrunner email service.
- Make sure that your IMAP/POP settings are fully correct.
- Check the disk space and make some space if it is running low.
- Ensure that you have a good internet connection.
You can find your Roadrunner email not working on your device unexpectedly. So, it’s ideal to remain updated with the fixes. But if nothing works or the glitch is too technical in nature, contact Support For Emails‘ experts. Our professionals will troubleshoot the specific problem you are facing quickly.