Like other errors users face is, Outlook not displaying images in emails. This issue generally occurs in the Windows app. Outlook is an emailing program that allows users to send and receive images through email. But sometimes, users can’t view the images attached to the email. This can happen due to various reasons.
However, users want the answers to fix this issue. So, to fix the “images not opening in Outlook” issue, we have mentioned some amazing methods. But first, you must know the reasons for happening this.
Why My Outlook Not Displaying Images?
From the user’s feedback, we have listed some reasons why this issue falls. They said:
- It occurs due to improper configuration of Outlook.
- When the images are not properly attached to the email.
- Due to the large size of the images pdf file.
- Incompatible format of the image file.
Steps to Fix Outlook Not Displaying Images Issue
This section will learn the steps to fix the images not showing in Outlook app issue. All the methods are discussed in detail. These are:
Method 1: Unblock Images for Single and Multiple Emails
Step 1: Unblock Images for Specific Emails
Outlooks always keep your privacy safe thus. So, for that, Outlook blocks the downloading of images; thus, Outlook not displaying images in emails. If the sender is genuine, you can download images from that specific email. Here’ how:
- Firstly, open Outlook and navigate to Infobar at the
- Now, tap on Click Here to Download Pictures from the message displayed at the top.
The images will automatically be saved by doing the above steps while previewing the message. Thus, the image will be present when you open the email message again. You can also save the message if you want to view the image again.
Step 2: Unblock Images for Multiple Emails
For Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 Versions
- Firstly, open Outlook and go to File.
- Secondly, choose Options.
- After that, click on Trust Center>>Trust Center Settings.
- Now, you have to choose Automatic Download from the left menu bar.
- Here, in this step, uncheck the Don’t download pictures automatically in Standard HTML e-mail messages or RSS items checkbox.
- At last, click OK from the bottom to save changes. Outlook will start downloading the images for previewing.
These steps will fix Outlook not displaying images problem in Outlook 2010 and above version. For Outlook 2007, follow the following section:
For Outlook 2007 Version-
- Firstly, go to the Tools menu and choose Trust Center.
- After that, click on Automatic Download.
- Then, uncheck the Don’t download pictures automatically in HTML e-mail messages or RSS items checkbox.
Method 2: Disable Anti-Virus Program
The system’s antivirus program sometimes blocks the images to download and viewing. Thus Outlook not displaying images problem happens. Disabling it might solve your problem. Here’s how:
- Go to the Start and type Windows Security.
- Then, choose the Windows Security app and go to Virus & Threat Protection. Select Manage Settings.
- Now, switch Real-Time Protection to Off.
Method 3: Fix the Issue Outlook Web
If you encounter the Outlook not displaying images problem on the Outlook web, follow the steps to fix it. Below are the steps:
- Firstly, visit Outlook on the web browser and enter the log-in credentials.
- After logging in, click on the Settings gear icon from the top and open the Outlook Settings.
- Here, you have to choose Mail and Open Layout Settings.
- Now, scroll down and choose Show attachments in the message option.
- In the end, close the menu, and your Outlook will display images.
Method 4: Allow Block Web Content for Trusted Senders
Outlook always satisfied the users with its amazing features. And one such feature is blocking web content. This features will block the web bugs and maintain the system’s security. It’s like when you receive many ads through the emails and have blocked images already. Thus, your Outlook not showing images in the email content. You can easily open these blocked images with easy steps. You just have to right-click on the images placeholder and click on the Download Pictures option.
Moreover, you can also add web domains and members to the safe senders list. Following are the steps:
- Firstly, right-click on the blocked item from the open message you received from a trusted domain or member.
- Now, click Add [email protected] to the Safe Senders list or Add the Sender to the Safe Senders List.
After adding the member or domain to the senders list, all the email images will download automatically. And by this, Outlook not displaying images problem will fix.
Method 5: Check the Internet Connection
Outlook is a program that runs on the internet. So you need a proper internet connection to download the images. If you have a bad internet connection, check the WiFi router or the ethernet cables if they are performing well. If they are working then, contact your internet service provider and complain.
Method 6: Try Forwarding the Email
When you can’t see the images in your email, you can try to forward them to any of your friends. When you forward the email, Outlook will show images in the email. From there, you can download and view the images.
Method 7: Clear Temporary Files
When you change all the mandatory configurations, Outlook blocks external content like images. The most significant reason for this is the invalid Temporary folder path and corruption in Internet File Folder. So, it is necessary to clear the Temp directory. You can also configure the correct path for the Temp folders to reaccess the images.
Read Also- How To Backup Outlook Emails?
Outlook not displaying images can be annoying. So, we have derived you the best approaches to fix it. You can opt for any of the methods according to your need. Hope you find the above information easy to operate. If there is any difficulty in the steps, please do comment. If the error persists, contact the Outlook experts for a better solution. Thank You!