Emailing has been the pinnacle of professional and commercial communications. It has also been subject to widespread recognition because of its effectiveness. There are various reasons why big corporations chose to enter this industry. In this blog, we cover the offering by the American telecom giant Comcast. The highly versatile email service has impressed a lot of people, hence its growth in popularity. In this blog, we cover Comcast email settings. These are what play a key role in making your email experience smooth. So now, let us proceed stepwise and make sure you put the right data.
Read Also:- Why Comcast Email Not Working
Why do Comcast Email Settings Need to be Done Carefully?
The email needs to be set up in an email client. One of the most popular examples of an emailing client is Outlook. This helps for a seamless transaction of communication from one account to another.
Furthermore, without the correct settings, you won’t be able to access data in your account. This especially consists of information about email protocols. We provide you with two ways to do it. These are POP and IMAP.
Read Also:- Why Comcast Email Not Sending
POP Versus IMAP Settings – A Brief Comparison
Now before you proceed to the proper setup, you need to understand the basics. Here we have the direct comparison and our recommendation with regard to the POP and IMAP settings.
First, we would like to clarify that both of them work. But IMAP is the one that is simple to use. Also, this setting makes it easy to sync information over multiple devices. However, POP creates an issue when you want to sync multiple devices at once. Hence, our recommendation is to proceed with the IMAP settings, however, we leave it to the user to decide.
Comcast Email Settings – IMAP and POP
Now we are in the main section of the blog. Let us proceed to the settings that will do the job for you. Here, you will get the data that helps your email receive and send data.
1. Filling Up The IMAP Settings
Here are the details that you need to fill in the settings for IMAP. Please note that this is where you continue after the fourth step of the previous section.
- For Incoming Mail Server Name, you need to enter imap.comcast.net.
- In the field that reads Incoming Mail Server Port Number, the information will be 993 with SSL ON.
- After that, you need to opt for STARTTLS. This is dependent on the mail client. It can be done only if it allows you to choose an authentication method.
- Now if need be, then you need to enter 143 with SSL ON.
- Next up comes the section on Outgoing Mail Server Name. Here you need to enter smtp.comcast.net.
- Also, in the Outgoing Mail Server Port Number, enter the data 587 (SMTP).
- If asked for, then you can enter 465 (SMTPS). For encryption, you can use TLS.
- Finally, under authentication, you need to enter your username and password.
2. Entering The Comcast POP Settings
The POP settings, also known as the Comcast POP3 Settings are the other way by which you set up your email. This will help you receive mail from a client. Let us now cover the main part of the settings. Please note, this is the other half of the fourth step of the section “How to Set Up Your Comcast Email“.
- In the section that says “Incoming Mail Server Name”, enter the data pop3.comcast.net. This will confirm the incoming server.
- After that, go to the section “Incoming Mail Server Port Number”. Here you will have to select 995 (POP3 with SSL). This sets up your port number.
- Now you need to ensure that the Port is 995. This is because the Incoming Mail Server Port 110 is no longer in support. This can be done after navigating through Settings > Advanced Settings > Preferences.
As you can see, there are fewer steps involved in Comcast POP3 settings. This is the only advantage you have over IMAP. You can refer to the section above to understand the advantages of IMAP over POP.
Read Also:- How to Recover Hacked Comcast Account
Set Up Your Comcast Email on Outlook
If you are using the browser to connect with your email account, then all you need are your credentials.
To set it up on a client like Outlook, follow these steps:
- First, you need to launch the application. After that, navigate to the option ‘Tools’.
- After that, you have to click on ‘Accounts’ and tap on the ‘Add’ button. It will have a plus sign.
- Now when you click on the ‘New Account’, you have to enter your Comcast ID and Password.
- After that, you need to set up the mail with IMAP or POP3 (discussed in the next section).
- Finally, when you are done with the setup, click on ‘Done’.
It is pretty straightforward to set up Comcast on an emailing client. However, you do need to ensure that you use the correct Comcast Email settings. If they are incorrect, your email will function incorrectly. Please feed the Comcast IMAP settings, or the Comcast POP3 settings carefully. If still you are facing issues with Comcast email setup, you can connect with our email support experts. They are available 24X7.