Many people configure their Bellsouth email on third-party clients like Outlook. It allows them to get all their emails in a single place and manage them properly. But what if you notice your Bellsouth email not working? The issue is not uncommon, and you can find a lot of complaints about Bellsouth email issues in the AT&T community forums. Sometimes, the login stops working. Other times, the email doesn’t respond well. In this scenario, you must be aware of specific troubleshooting so that you can carry out email-related work properly. In this article, you’ll find reasons and methods to fix the working of Bellsouth email.
Why Is Bellsouth Email Not Working?
If your email refuses to work in a third-party email client like Outlook, there can be many reasons for it. Some typical reasons are mentioned here.
- You have configured the Bellsouth email incorrectly.
- You are using an incompatible web browser.
- There are some issues with your email settings.
- Your Outlook profile is corrupt.
- Your system is infected with malware.
- There’s a need to create a new password.
- The issue is a server-side problem.
Troubleshoot Bellsouth Email Not Working Problem
It is best to begin the troubleshooting process by ensuring that your device has good internet connectivity. After you are perfectly sure that there is no problem with your internet connection, proceed to these fixes.
1. Configure Bellsouth Email Properly
Improper configuration of your email is bound to make it difficult for you to use the email. Follow these points to configure your Bellsouth email account.
- Open Outlook and choose the ‘Add Account option.
- Now choose ‘Manual Configuration.’
- After that, select POP and IMAP settings.
- Now, input your account credentials, namely your username and email ID.
- If you use the POP3 protocol, set the outgoing server as outbound.att.net. The incoming server should be set as inbound.att.net.
- The outgoing port is 465, and the incoming port is 995.
- Lastly, save all the changes you just made.
2. Use a Supported Browser
It’s also possible that you find Bellsouth email not responding because you are using an incompatible browser. It is best to use this email service on a browser it supports. Here is a list of compatible browsers.
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari for Mac
- Microsoft Edge
Bellsouth email isn’t compatible with Safari 5 and its earlier versions. It also does not support any version of Internet Explorer. However, if you cannot do away with one of these browsers, you can use the basic AT&T mail version.
3. Re-Add Your Bellsouth Email Account
Another good method that will fix your email issue is re-adding your Bellsouth email account. Launch MS Outlook and use these pointers.
- Open ‘File‘ in Outlook.
- Next, select ‘Account Settings.’
- After that, click the ‘Manage Profiles‘ option.
- Select your email account and after that, click ‘Remove.’
- Now, you can add your email account again.
- Head to ‘Account Settings.’
- Next, choose the ‘Email‘ tab.
- After that, find and hit the ‘Manual Setup‘ option.
- Choose ‘Next.’
- Now, navigate to the ‘Choose Service‘ page.
- On this page, choose ‘Internet Email.’
- Now, head over to ‘Internet E-Mail settings.’
- Select ‘Test Account Settings.’
- Click ‘Done.’
- Now, your Bellsouth email account will work without any interruption.
4. Carry Out a Profile Repair
If you still find Bellsouth.net email not working on a third-party email client like Outlook, it means your profile is corrupt. This can happen due to several reasons. But you can fix it easily with these points.
- Open Outlook.
- Navigate to its ‘File‘ tab.
- Now, select ‘Info.’
- Choose ‘Account.’
- After that, choose ‘Account Settings.’
- Modify the ‘Folder’ option to ‘Outlook data file.’
- Now, go to your inbox after saving the changes.
- The problem would have been fixed.
5. Check If Your System Has a Virus
There are various signs that a system infected with virus exhibits. Some of the most common ones are frequent application crashes, slow performance, and computer freezing frequently. But you also need to remember that modern malware is much more advanced. It may not cause your system to crash or reduce its performance.
Instead, it will lurk in the background and capture all your personal information. It is wise to have a good antivirus system installed on your PC. It will ensure that all applications, including Bellsouth, work properly.
6. Fix Password Problems
Sometimes people have problems with their email passwords. You may find your Bellsouth email not working because of an issue with your account password. Check for the following things:
- Ensure that you are typing in the latest password.
- Passwords are always case-sensitive. So, ensure that the caps lock key is turned on and off as per your needs.
- You can also carry out Bellsouth password recovery to change your password if your account has been hacked.
7. Make a Secure Mail Key
When your Bellsouth email doesn’t work, you can fix it by making a safe mail key. Perform these steps to create the key.
- Launch the profile page of your Bellsouth email.
- Next, choose the login data page.
- After that, select the account for which you want to make a secure key.
- After doing so, pick the option ‘Manage Secure Mail Keys.’
- Next, choose the option to add the key.
- Now, select the option to make the secure key.
- Copy it and hit ‘OK.’
8. Examine The Block List And The Spam Folder
Email issues such as not getting emails are very common. But you can easily fix the causes behind them. If you are not getting an email from someone, they can be on your block list.
So head to ‘Junk Mail‘ and then to the ‘Block Sender‘ tab. From here, remove the recipient’s name so you can get their emails.
Another good solution is to check the spam folder. If you are getting emails in this folder, it’s because you’ve set a filter for it. So, navigate to your email settings and delete the filter.
Don’t feel worried when you find your Bellsouth email not working. First, know about its reasons and use this guide to troubleshoot them. You can also avail of the help of Support for Emails experts to gain more clarity on this issue.