AOL is a feature-rich email service. But it also comes up with various technical glitches. Recently, a huge number of AOL users have reported AOL emails not syncing on their Android smartphones. Not only that, but people also report that after upgrading to Windows 10, they cannot sync their AOL email account with the Windows 10 mail. They did not experience this problem in the previous Windows version. If you are also facing this problem, it’s time to find ways to fix it. In this article, you’ll find some causes behind your AOL mail not syncing with Android and Windows 10 and all that you can do about it.
Read Also:- How to Download AOL Desktop Gold
Reasons for AOL Email Not Syncing on Your Android Phone
Many factors can result in AOL email not syncing on Android. Some of the highly common ones include the following.
- Incorrect mail configuration.
- The Internet is not functioning on your phone.
- The cache of the application is full.
- The app crashed repeatedly.
Resolutions for AOL Email Not Syncing on Your Android Phone
There are several methods to fix the AOL not syncing problem. Go through the various measures given below.
1. Check the internet access on your phone
When you find that your phone cannot link to the AOL mail server, check the internet connection on your phone. People generally use the internet via Wi-Fi. So, ensure that your phone is linked to it. If you use mobile data, navigate to ‘Settings,’ and from there, go to ‘SIM Cards & Mobile Data.’ Here you can turn on the mobile data.
2. Remove and add the email account again
Check the login credentials if you suddenly find that your AOL mail isn’t working on your Android phone. If you have modified the mail password, you’ll not be able to log in to the AOL mail account on your phone. At this point, delete the AOL mail account from your phone and add it again. Add it by using the proper credentials. Follow these steps.
- Unlock your phone and launch ‘Settings.’
- Click on ‘Users and Accounts.’
- Tap the ‘AOL‘ option.
- Swipe up and tap the ‘Remove account‘ or ‘Delete Account‘ button. If any pop-up message appears, tap ‘Delete‘ or ‘Yes.’
- Reboot your Android phone.
- Return to ‘Settings‘ and then to ‘User & Accounts.’
- Click ‘Add Account.’
- From the list, choose ‘AOL Mail Service.’
- Input the password and email address.
- Tap’ Sign-in.’
3. Configure your account with the correct IMAP/POP3 server settings
You must configure your AOL account through the IMAP/POP3 servers. If you have configured it incorrectly, you’ll naturally face the syncing issue. Here are the correct settings.
IMAP server settings
- The incoming address will be imap.aol.com.
- 993 is the port number.
- SSL will be yes.
POP3 server settings
- The incoming address will be pop.aol.com.
- 995 is the port number.
- SSL will be yes.
SMTP server settings
- The outgoing address will be smtp.aol.com.
- 465 is the port number.
- SSL is yes.
4. Turn on the fetch data
It can be that you have turned on the auto-syncing feature on your Android phone. So, you must enable it to begin syncing. Here’s how to sync AOL email to an Android phone by enabling the fetch data.
- Open ‘Settings‘ and click ‘Users & Accounts.’
- Click ‘AOL Mail Account.‘
- Lastly, enable the ‘Syncing Data.’
- Refresh your mail application.
Read Also: How To Recover Deleted AOL Emails
Fixes for AOL Email Not Syncing on Windows 10
There are various ways to try when you find AOL mail not syncing with Windows 10. Follow the step-wise instructions for different methods below.
Turn off two-step authentication
People generally use two-step authentication to safeguard their accounts. It’s good practice. But at times, the feature can create problems with the mail application on Windows 10. AOL email not syncing is one of the problems. If you cannot sync your AOL email with Windows 10 mail application, the issue may lie with your email account. So, to resolve it disable the two-step authentication for your email application.
Remove and add your AOL account again
It is another workaround to fix this issue. To remove and read your account, follow these steps.
- Choose ‘Settings’ in the Calendar or Mail app.
- Navigate to ‘Manage Accounts.’
- Choose ‘Delete an account.’ Then, select that AOL account and delete it.
- After removing the account, read it and see if the problem has been resolved.
Enable privacy settings for the app to access your calendar
You can resolve the syncing problem in Windows 10 by turning on the privacy settings. It will allow the application to access your calendar.
- Launch ‘Settings’ and navigate to ‘Privacy.’
- Select ‘Calendar’ then turn on the feature of ‘Let apps access my calendar.’
- Change the duration of sync. Navigate to ‘Settings.’
- Tap ‘Account settings and choose ‘AOL Account.’
- Tap ‘AOL sync settings in the dialog box and customize the sync duration.
- You’ll find Windows 10 mail will begin synchronizing your email accounts.
Examine your antivirus settings
If you are unable to sync AOL email with Windows 10, antivirus might be causing a problem. There’s a built-in firewall in various antivirus tools. At times, they can obstruct specific applications from gaining access to the internet. So, the best cure for this problem is to examine your antivirus settings. Then change them. The most prevalent problem is the firewall obstructing the app. So, ensure that the mail application is permitted to go through the firewall.
If the firewall isn’t the reason, set the network type in the antivirus as ‘Trusted.’ It will definitely fix the problem.
Read Also: How to Unsend Email in AOL Mail
All these different resolutions will help you to rectify the AOL email not syncing problem successfully. Both Android and Windows 10 users have plenty of ways to try out and see which one works for them. But it may still be possible that even after implementing these measures, the problem persists. In such a case, it’s best to contact professional AOL mail support help services. The support technicians will resolve all of the issues you are facing efficiently.